Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
trolling the cl listings today i saw this singer 201 listed for just under $1,000.00 ($995.00). it's a beautiful machine & looks hardly used. the seller listed this info about the machine: Machine Class / Model Number: 201 / Quantity Allotted: 15,000. Year/Date Alloted: March 15, 1949. Serial number: AJ175398. i wonder how the seller arrived at a $1,000 selling price especially when there are so many vintage singers for sale in the area.... unless because it is one of only 15,000 that price is warranted. there was also a great looking 99k for $60 and what i think is a red eye for $50. i am glad i'm not a collector. four vintage singers is enough for me, except i do want a featherweight. there was FW for sale on cl today also but it did not look too great.

the $995.00 201. beautiful machine.

the 99k for $60.00. great looking machine

the red eye (i believe) for $50.00 but it looks a bit battered

the featherweight and what the seller listed about it: Cord needs fixed. It's got a lot of oily substance on it.... would clean up to very beautiful!! it was listed for $150.00. hmmm... i wonder if the seller would accept an offer of half of that just in case the oily stuff doesnt clean up quite so well.

i just love looking at the vintage singers.
Havplenty, the 201 is way way over priced! The rest look pretty good and are pretty reasonably priced. I'd offer less for the FW, it looks pretty rusted up, but those little jewels are such great machines, I'd bet you'd be able to get it purring along perfectly.

Nancy