View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:28 AM
margecam52

I use them in all my machines...and yes, they do help. First, in my sewing and embroidery machines, I still make sure I pull up the bobbin thread and, in my sewing machines, I hold them for the first couple of stitches. This is especially important in the older (Featherweights, and really early machines) sewing machines...you need to hold the thread to start. On my longarm I bring up the bobbin thread, take several very tiny stitches...and then start stitching. The bobbin washers are great for keeping static out of the bobbin area (they don't conduct static)..if you are starting/stopping a lot, either chain piecing or changinng direction...they work wonders.
I have both sizes (L for reg bobbins, M for longarm)..but to start...only the L size were available...they still worked in my longarms.
You get 8 or 10 in a pack..lol, I'm still using the one I put in my machines in 2006..lol...I used two of them to the shaft on my encoders for the longarm machine. There was a bit too much play and the encoder was not staying evenly on the pole of the frame...two bobbin washers were the perfect amount (no room for another washer) to fill the gap..and they don't hinder the movement of the encoder (they have to loosely rest on the pole) at all.
Also, I have sent them to others who were not able to get the tension just so on their machines...just enough to help avoid the occasional skipped stitch or pokie.

Originally Posted by guntherquilter View Post
I see these in Nancy's Notions catalog. Has anyone used these? Did they keep the "backlash and bird's nest" from happening on the underside of your project? Do they fit all machines? Do you think they are beneficial?
Thanks for your help!