View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I am very fast. Probably due to the amount of sewing I do. My mom is fast as well. I don't know if that is something you inherit or not.
My husband suffers from PTSD so this is also my strss reliever. I don't know what I would have done without my sewing room. I do have a very limited attentions span and often get sidetracked.
I sew at the speed of slow. It used to really bother me but I've finally just learned to accept it, mostly. And it is handy when teaching beginners to quilt, something that is always exciting! At home I don't really notice it, but I have several Bee's I'm in and I go on an annual quilt retreat for four days every Autumn. That is when I really notice how slowly I sew. I have to admit, I envy you for being able to sew fast.

Your daughter's dress is beautiful! She is very blessed to have a mom who sews. I tell people I don't sew, I quilt. There really is a big difference.

I am sorry to hear about your husband. My ancestors have been involved in the military going back centuries. My father served 31 years and deals with PTSD, though he would flatly deny this. It's so hard on everyone, the family and the person dealing with this alike. My heart goes out to you and I hope you don't mind if I keep you and your husband in my prayers?

I must confess, one of my husband's nicknames for me is Sidetrack. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with that tendancy! :lol:
~Tiffany