View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM
QM
Power Poster

Default My pattern for girl with flowers

I cut these from X ray film. My background block is 14" HIGH. I have added seam allowances. In my case, I use about 3/16" allowances because larger is awkward in needleturn. I actually use a variety of sizes and shapes. For most of the hands I used about a 1.5" square of muslin, folded and tucked several ways.

When I have the skirt pieces cut out and a pressed center line on my background, I place 2 skirt pieces right sides together 1/4" over the fold line. I machine sew along the join line from the top of the skirt to about 3/4" from the bottom. I open thies 2 pieces, finger press and add other pieces on both sides. I keep going until I have all 6 skirt panels attached to the background. The opening at the bottom allows me to fold and tuck the allowances in however I want them.

Order of sewing: skirt, position arm/chest and hand, sew hand, sew arm/chest, sew shawl, add hat, embellish. Feel very free to make paper cut outs and play with this. For example, I have used several shapes of shawls and hats.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails girl-flowers.jpg   hat-2.jpg