Old 04-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Mizkaki

Nancy,

I actually said that the needle bar needs to rise about .92" (92 thousandths of an inch). Which is the distance between the two score lines on the needle bar. Once you know the theories and have done timing, it is very easy and quick.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Sharon, glad to hear you are on the mend!

Muv, beautiful Wilcox and Gibbs! I have two of those babies, but neither one is a hand crank! One of mine is a treadle, the other electric!

Well, Miriam and Candace you shamed me into trying the timing myself on the FW! I tried - it didn't work! I actually thought I had the timing perfect a few times, but everytime I put the feed dogs back on, the plate back on - then tried to sew I got skipped stitches. I finally called Cathy to the rescue and took that FW to visit Cathy. She had it timed in no time flat. Actually, the needle bar was out of time with the hook/needle - so it was more complicated than just the hook/needle timing! I would never have known that one - never had to try to time a needle bar with the hook/needle scarf! Cathy showed me the grid lines to time the needle bar - I think she said 3200 of a inch! I learn more and more all the time! Thank you Cathy - you are a lifesaver!

Nancy