Old 04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Maggiemay

Well, I did it again, I somehow deleted the post I was writing...

I am sitting here waiting for my husband to get home. He has been gone since last Sat on business. I just got done picking up all of my little messes that I tend to leave laying around when he is not here! I did get some quilting in this week. After I finished the curtain for my friend I made myself a bread basket liner. I saw the tutorial on this board & have made them for everyone else, but I didn't have one! So it was my turn. I made a liner for another basket that I like to serve out of too. My next project is a wallhanging for my daughter's bathroom. I am going to make a big dresden flower out of some bright prints. I bought the background fabric for it this week. I have been on a self-imposed fabric buying moratorium this year. All have bought is that background & some black for the polka dot quilt I made last month. I have never been much of a "stash" person, but mostly buy for projects. Well, since I have been on this board I thought I should have a little stash since everyone else seems to! Now I feel like I should work on using some of it up. I have a summer quilt in mind for our bed. I have 7 yds of fabric that I bought when Bear Paw Quilts was having a sale for $3.49 & need one more to coordinate. So, that will be one thing I will buy.

All of our camping buddies were at the beach this week & since my husband was out of town we couldn't go. So I went up & stayed the night with our friends on Thurs. I took Flat Stanley with me & got some pictures of him on the beach. I have had fun with him & will mail him back to my great nephew on Monday.