Old 04-28-2012, 07:54 PM
dublb

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Bev I started going grey when I was 23, gee that was the same year I got married, wonder if there is a connection
Yeah that's when it started! Me too! Marriage & kids right away!

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Mirabelle, this block is gorgeous! I love the fabrics!

Bev, you can do it!

Did anyone make the ice cream bowl already? I don't like that one at all, so I think I'm going to replace that one too. From the moment I saw that block I had no idea what to do with it. Besides the fact that to me it doesn't look like an ice cream bowl at all I can't get my head around colors for this one.
I'm not gonna do the Ice Cream bowl either. My red cream & blue just won't work with it. It looks challengin'. I can see just how I wanted ta do it. I also don't think I can work my fabrics with Fishing Boats, Village School House, Pansy, Sugar Bowl, Telephone......& others. I should have waited ta pick my fabrics till after I got my book.

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]331381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]331382[/ATTACH]

Oh wow I love 'em. Your fabrics are fabulous. That turquoise is perfect for the cross, & your red pops in Elsie's Star! Nice smooth seams.

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Well I finally finished this weeks blocks. Eastertide was easy, except for those corners. I PP this block. My hint for those still working on it is to take off the paper and draw the sewing lines on the back of the corner piece. I wanted those lines to follow! Thanks to all those with the hints, and tutorials, they really helped. Mirabelle and I used the same "donated" fabric for the cross! LOL
Oh Jeanie your blocks are beautiful also! Your spring-like Eastertide w/that same lovely green shows what Easter means ta me. New Life! Nice FC in your Elsie's star.

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Well QNS's inspirations have sure come to the forefront. mirabelle-your cross looks great with your fabrics and Jeanie's too. Great FC those ponies, too.
Janie your blues are icy hot!!
No I haven't made the ice cream bowl, Anael, but that's one I might like to have in mine just cuz it's ice cream. We'll see.
As good a reason as any!