Thread: Quilting Frames
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by nellie
There is a company that markets Grace Frame on E-Bay. Best prices. It's almost like the Grace Frame internet site, but less shipping. They are made in Northern Utah, and I live 350 miles south of there! No, the light didn't come with it, and I decided I had plenty of light already, so didn't get that. The photo doesn't show how much it tips on an angle. It is a saver for my neck (cervical fusion twice!). It's the best quilting purchase I've ever made. And I agree with Yvonne, I had to replace a plastic tubing thing, and Grace is sure easy to deal with! Sara
Thanks for the information! My girlfriend has a Gracey and she has offered to let me come over and use it. I have to admit I am excited and a bit nervous. I have watched her pick out the quilting over an entire quilt because the bobbin thread was horribly loose and hung all over the back of her quilt. She never looked under it when quilting and only realized it once she was done. Any suggestions I can give her on how to avoid that problem again? It sounds like a tension problem with her machine to me but you ladies are the experts here. She bought it used and she doesn't have any instructions.

I must confess I do not like the PVC frames, though I have plenty of friends who do. My girlfriend uses hers to drape unfinished quilt tops over. It actually is very handy and I want my hubby to make me something similar.
~Tiffany