Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Ray's class starts May 3. I can't stand the wait. This waiting is worse than Christmas and just as busy. My boss has been trying his level best to keep me so crazy busy I don't have time to think about it or get things done. I worked more hours last week than I have in 4 years. I've been trying my hardest to sort out machines to take. I won't run out of things to do at the class.... I'm trying to get them cleaned up & figure out what is wrong with them like Cathy said. I am hoping I can find a place to post some time while I am there. I'll be camping. I'm not one for hotel rooms - I just can't sleep in them. I have a machine that ejects bobbin cases. I have one that the bobbin winder doesn't turn. There is no end to frozen up Kenmore, Japanese and Singer zzers needing all kinds of attention. Then I have some Elnas that need major attention - those are my priority. I sort of doubt if the beautiful Necchi Nora can be fixed. That so bums me out - it has a melted plastic part - all my fault I think. I used liquid wrench on it to get it to move. The machine was frozen up. It's been quite a few years and I was learning to unlock a frozen machine. The ugly old Necchi probably will work just fine if I keep on it with oil and heat - no plastic on that tank. Oh well. I have some other machines that I doubt can be fixed. Rust on those old zzs has a way of making too much trouble. I think the simple old machines with rust have a chance of working. Then again how much time do you want to spend on a machine Charlee says is only worth $15 - $25 when it is working. I am taking a couple newer machines to work on if I get the Elna machines done. I have a White - seems like a good machine - very high end probably from late 1980s or so. I haven't figure out how to get it opened up with out a crowbar - it sounds and feels like something isn't right when I turn it so I want to open it up. And I have a Genie to try to open up, too - it has a broken zz lever that I know of. Maybe a broken gear. I need to see if the machines I worked on today will make a stitch - I do know how to time. I don't know all the details like Cathy knows. I just figured it out by trial and error. There is a sweet spot and you have to find it. Then I found a service manual for my 401 and figured out more of it. I wish I could go to the class at Cathy's house - it would be so much fun. It is way to far for me to drive - I couldn't haul the machines if I flew - I could take a freight train... rent my own freight car or something. I must have been crazy out of my head getting so many machines last week. It was all or nothing though. I can see why the guy never got them sold - he had real high prices on them and they all need some kind of work.