Old 04-29-2012, 05:52 AM
meanmom

Maggiemay MY class did Flat Stanley a few years ago. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it. We had several kids who didn't have any luck with theirs coming back and they were upset. SO we let them be adopted by other students. I am in another school district now and it is low income with a lot of irresponsible parents. We would love to do it but are afraid of the response. WE feel like quite a few of our students are pretty much raising themselves. It is sad.
Everrose, yes it is tuff caring for an aging parent. I know it can really get you down at times Other times it is so rewarding. I took care of my FIL some when he got bad. He didn't live with us but we lived close and I was there a lot. My parents health is declining and we are trying to figure out what to do there. Dad will be 89 next week and mom will be 85 soon. They are still in their house but my dad is really draggin my mom down. He is driving her nuts. He criticizes everything she does. We go pick him up when we can to get him out of her hair. He has a knee problem and I have been making him walk 3 times a week. He whines about it but did agree the knee feels better since I have been making him walk. We only walk down the street and back. Maybe 10 minutes. I stop in on my way home from work. HE won't walk with mom, he tells me he isn't going he is too tired I don't accept no. Find some way to treat yourself, not food. I know it is hard to find time for yourself. Get someone to help you out.
I am looking forward to making raspberry jam too. Our raspberries are covered with blooms. We should have tons this year. Last year we were getting about 2 quarts a day. This year we should get more. The plants are growing like crazy. I eat them until I am nearly sick. YUM. I just ate the last of the frozen ones from last year.
Keep up the healthy eating. Good luck to everyone. I am looking forward to winning the fat quarters next month.