View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Sunnye

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie View Post
Lovely! Where will it go once completed? It looks like a 'statement' quilt one would display in a cafe or at home. It is just adorable.
My husband has "claimed it." Strange since I've battled the color issue with him for almost 39 years. He likes grays, browns, blues, etc. in muted tones. I don't know why he likes this so much. I bought the material for our older son (since he used to work at StarBucks before he got his law degree). But he says he has one of mine already and no room to put another. Go figure. Now that I've started a purple and lime green quilt for a nephew and his wife, my husband says he wants that one! Go figure.
Maybe, with age, our taste buds falter and our eyes see color differently. Or maybe after all these years my husband now sees what I see in color. Who knows. I've learned to ignore what he says concerning my quilts!
But, this quilt WILL stay with us. I've battled with it too long and hard to give it up! (Some of the battle was do to listening to my husband and then it all went wrong!)