View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Lori S

I too have your "affliction" . Just last night I was picking out a backing for a quilt and went through the exact same thing you describe. From the start of the quilt I thought I had the perfect backing... and then it struck.... the its "its too good " or "maybe there is a better quilt it will be suited for" then " its more than what I need , so I should save it", and finally "is this the backing for a scrap quilt, as its alot of premium yardage".... This went on for over 2 hours.... and this morning the same thing started all over again.... I have decided that I sometimes have too much choice and that contributes to my "paralysis".... but then again if I had less would I then purchase and start the cycle over again.
This issue has led me to be far more comfortable making scrap quilts and produce more scrap quilts than quilts from yardage.
Sometimes when I find myself in this issue, I have to repeat over and over... " there is more fabric at the stores, and every year it just gets better" , "better to use it now , so I can have space for better". Notice I said .."sometimes" at the start of the sentence.
Now after reading your post and my response... I am going to do it... USE the "GOOD STUFF". oh give me strenght!!!

Last edited by Lori S; 04-29-2012 at 07:01 AM.