Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 AM
QwerkyQwiltz

Hello...I'm new here...I live in the TX Panhandle, I'm a quilter and have just started "collecting" vintage machines.
I have a Singer 15-91 in her original desk, a Morse 6500 in his original plastic carrying case (I'd love to find his cams!!!), a Singer Merritt 2404 in her original desk, they all work wonderfully and a couple others that need a little work. A couple of the others are even in their original desks too!! I seem to like the machines from 60's and 70's...the colors are fantastic, the designs are a little more wild, and the chrome is fun too.
I started getting these machines because I tend to "murder" the new machines within a year of thier young lives, they're just not built like they used to be. I know they have a warranty, but there's not a repair shop close enough to take them to, and the cost to repair plastic is crazy! I love the thrill of the chase when I see these machines at garage sales. I live in a very rural area so I don't have all the other great places to find machines like others do. I might have to start repairing and selling these babies to support my quilting and machine buying habit lol.
I hope to hear from anyone else that has vintage machines, maybe someone has a Morse 6500 they could share cam pics with, I love that teal machine, he's my jean quilt workhorse =). Maybe I could learn some tips and tricks from the rest of the group with using vintage machines to quilt. Those pics are very inspiring!