View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 AM
sew4nin

I have a 7570 that I bought new with all hoops, software and accessories. I used the embroidery unit and software like crazy for the first several years when my kids were little. I don't think I have used the embroidrey unit in 7-8 years.

That being said, I continue to LOVE the machine for all the other great features. The walking foot is probably the top feature, but I also like the needle down feature. When I bought the machine, PFAFF was the only one offering the needle down. I had been using my mom's 2144 and gotten used to using needle down all the time.

Other miscellany:
If your machine didn't come with one, you might want to buy a straight stitch needle plate. It is great for piecing quilts and has standard measurements rather than metric.
There are also 2 different feet for 1/4" seams. I have both, but prefer the one without the guide - it makes it hard to stitch up close to a pin.
There is a stitch that when used with invisible thread and the correct tension, looks like hand quilting (I can email directions if you are interested). I used to do this with baby quilts before my friend gave me her quilting machine and frame.
Have fun. I am happy for you!