View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 12:54 PM
CAS49OR

Interesting to read this. Hubby intended to just blow out my machine, then ended up taking off the belts to replace them. I didn't think they were worn much. He ended up going to the sewing maching store to buy new ones and the tech said the belts were like new .. long story short ... it is hard to set up timing on a sewing machine (he's an auto mechanic and didn't think it would be that hard, didn't think about marking it before he removed the belts) and we kept messing around with it. Timing is very, very touchy. A scant turn will change the whole process, and the needle thread won't pick up the bobbin thread right. The local sewing machine store charges $160.00 for servicing on my machine, so I'm happy he was able to do it. (I'm not going to pay that, since I bought the machine on ebay for $169.00. It does come with a one year warranty if I have it done.)

Around the umpteenth try, which involved taking the bobbin case out and rethreading the machine each time, I tried it without the Genie (made my own with silicone oven liner) and the timing worked. He made marks on the gears so he knows where to set it next time. After that, I was able to put the Genie back in and the machine worked great.

I do not get nests or snarls with the Genie in there.

Originally Posted by singerbabe View Post
I have used them in my Pfaff Creative 2.0. It seems to make the thread reel off more smoothly and it definitely has helped me with birds' nests. However, when I got my machine serviced a month ago, the person at the sewing machine store told me that it needed a timing adjustment. I haven't had a problem with birds' nests since, but I've only used Pfaff plastic bobbins since I got it back. But I'm holding on to those bobbin washers if the problem arises again.

Last edited by CAS49OR; 04-29-2012 at 12:56 PM.