Old 04-29-2012, 04:29 PM
nurseknitsLaura

OK, painted a hand crank silver, with Martha stewart paint. Also scraped all the loose paper off the inside of a stinky case, sprayed it with red primer, and primed the outside white. The last case I re-did, I used fabric to cover, and it was a giant pain in the tush. So, this one, I glued down all loose corners ans primed. Oddly, spray paint didn't cover well. So, I switched back to Martha's jug o' silver paint and painted the outside of the case silver and blue.

My house has been invaded by teenagers (cooking two pounds of ground beef for spaghetti and sent one of them to the store for two loaves of bread for garlic bread. considered just tossing the red meat at them, raw, but figured that the carbs in combo might cause tranquility) so, can't go to the hardware store for a drill bit. A drill bit? Yes, I am going to bravely drill the hand wheel of the blue machine for it's silver hand crank. Slightly nervous, but I really need to learn how to do this. I have a sacrificial hand wheel from a black machine to do first. Just don't want to have to change the bobbin winder out, nor give up the pretty blue and chrome wheel. Actually, it is good that my sons' friends came over, because tomorrow I can go to the good hardware store, where someone will know something, as opposed to HomeD tonight.

On the other quilty front, I just got Gwen Marston's new book on medallion quilts, and it is a complete joy. Here writing style makes me feel like she's talking to me, and I love liberated piecing. So, I think I will take advantage of that inspiration and piece a little while the boys watch a movie.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make dropbox work on this forum, so that I can post some pictures tomorrow!
Laura