View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 05:15 PM
himnherr

Originally Posted by iluv2quilt65 View Post
Great job - In my opinion, a piano border may be too busy and take away from your log cabin interior - how about a (1 to 1 1/2) inch inner border - say a darker blue or green (must audition - this would depend on your outer border chosen ) - and a beautiful medium color and size print fabric for the outer border (3 - 3 1/2") that is no competion for the interior but adds color and frames without intruding. Just something to consider. I do love love your color combinations - upbeat fun. I have spend days selecting borders - just look at it from a distance, walk away, and rethink again the next day - this is also a way to audition the border fabrics. Actually - you may have an insight somewhere around 3:00 am - it happens!!!!! Most important - have fun with your quilts !!!!!
Thanks for the input. I think I'll try what you suggested and audition various border colors. It won't be very wide because I think it's going to get too wide if I do. I had pretty much nixed the idea of the piano key border because of that. So, thanks for the nudge (even though mine was for different reason- it did get me thinking- I'm still fairly new to all of this).