View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Snooks

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost View Post
My husband and I are picking up a 4 yr old female beagle from our local humane soc. tomorrow afternoon. Neither of us has ever owned a dog before, but I really want this one. Her name is Maggie. I'll post pics in the next couple of days.

She was surrendered (with a cocker spaniel) by a couple that traveled so much that they had the dogs in a kennel too much, so decided to give them up. She was an indoor dog, and seems to have a great, friendly personality. She is 'fixed' and all uptodate on all health issues.

If there are beagle lovers in the QB crowd, I'd love to know who you are, so I can call on you for advice, if needed. Feel free to throw in your thoughts at any time, I know that they'll do me good.

We live in the woods, on a lake, and like to take long walks every day.

Thanks!
Beagles can be GREAT dogs, she might miss her buddy - that is something you will have to find out for yourself. I do know that sometimes (just like with people or other pets), they will have likes and dis-likes. I used to baby sit a beagle (Odie - short for the owners last name), Odie did NOT like the man across the street (Nobody liked the man across the street). But this man was in a wheelchair - so any time Odie would see a wheelchair - he would try to bite the wheels. I have heard that some like to go after bikes (the wheels), but they are a hunting dog and wheels are fast moving. Good luck and have fun with you new fur baby.