Old 04-29-2012, 07:42 PM
sharon b
Power Poster

Default Updated -Siggie Swap 2012 Sign Ups close August 1st 2012

The swap is still not full so adding another month to try and get this filled - so sorry for those that have sent in already for the delay- We are gaining ground and it was mentioned that many are out doing family/fun things during the summer months so maybe that is why it is not full yet ? I am ever hopeful

Due to some concern about a short turn around time I have added a month - hope this helps get more signed up
Well it seems like it is that time of year again to do a Siggie Swap ... so here goes .....

We will be using a version of this block :

http://www.quilterscache.com/I/IndianHatchetBlock.html

as it is shown will make 16 blocks for this swap so hoping it doesn't take long to make them

One section should equal 4 1/2"

Please use 100% prewashed cotton - white or WoW for the center - scrappy for the corners

Because of the way this swap gets done and so I don't get buried under a ton of blocks I am limiting signup to the first 64 people to sign up, so if all goes well you will get back 63 different blocks and one of your own. Commitment is key to the success of this swap - so if you are not sure DO NOT sign up until you have the blocks finished .

Whatever it costs you to ship to me - is what you need to include for return postage

In the center strip please include - your real name, board name, year and State or Country - Use a Pigma or Fabric Pen, Sharpies do not work well when writing on fabric

Of course all the standard swap rules apply :

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...-a-t20154.html

I do realize that this will not be big enough for a quilt by itself but by adding borders/sashing/extra blocks you can make it bigger - and hey we are a creative group we can make it work or leave it 32 x32 and have it as a wall hanging

Sign ups will close August 1st - mailed to me by August 15th ,will try to get mailed back out by August 30th-

This swap has been a lot of fun in the past - so let the fun begin

Please feel free to ask any questions- voice any concerns - or just follow along on the journey

Last edited by sharon b; 07-02-2012 at 07:12 AM.