View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 11:17 PM
sew1096

Originally Posted by Joy.lynn View Post
I really love sewing garments too! In May we are going to have 5 grandchildren under the age of 3 and all, thank heaven, very close to where we live. I use the knowledge I have from sewing garments to add to my quilts, and what I have learned from quilting to jazz up garments. The two skills complement each other perfectly. However, 3 of the 4 we have now are girls, so maybe the slippery stuff and lots of pins are in the future.
Me too. And I actually love the hand sewing part. I even love hand sewing my bindings.

I made nearly all my girls clothes when they were young. My older grandsons only wear t-shirts and jeans so don't really want any hand made clothes so I've been focusing on my two younger grandchildren (boy & girl) and now I'm anxiously awaiting the addition of twin granddaughters in August. I've been sewing and knitting baby clothes like crazy. Of course I have a couple of quilts in the works too.

To add a note about difficult fabric. I made the mistake of making a fancy flower girl dress for my granddaughter. It had four!! different fabrics in it. The silky overlay and the netting underskirt were the worst part but she looked adorable in it.

This picture of all the girls has my youngest daughter Cathe on the left with my niece Macey in front of her on the left and my granddaughter Kaitlyn next to little Macey.
Attached Thumbnails wedding.jpg