Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 AM
BoJangles

You know I agree with all of you on the prices of the vintage machine issue. I have wondered if Craigslist is driving up the prices. I know e-bay does drive up the price as I have see machines for sale at yard sales - to be told that it is going for such and such on e-bay! The problem is that most of the machines don't sell for the asking price, but people don't realize that unless they have been following the ad. I have been watching a cute little New Home for sale here in my area on Craigslist for over a year. He started out asking 250, now it is down to $60. The problem with that is that people zip onto Craigslist for a quick look when they have something for sale - see the $250 and think it is worth that!

I am disgusted with the people trying to sell the 301 long bed. I am with Candace on that one. If the people list it on Craigslist, but really want to sell it on e-bay for more - they don't deserve my business. I was willing to pay $100 for the machine, attachments, and case - since it is a long bed. I sent e-mails starting 3 days ago - very rude of people to not even answer back. I wonder if the 301 is getting bids on e-bay - I am not even going to look - that is probably why they are just sitting on it with Craigslist. Anyway, I'd think most people would rather sell things on Craigslist so they don't have to pack, insure, and ship the machine. It is going to cost them at least $25 to ship it?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 04-30-2012 at 05:38 AM.