View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
love2qlt

Question Hi New quilter from Clyde, NC

Hi

My name is Karen and we just moved to Clyde, NC. I just purchased a Handiquilter Avante. I have been drawing, and doodleing like crazy. Attached are some of my drawings. I would love and tips or input. Some of my feathers look like bananas. I think I panic when I get close to an outside edge. Also how do you handle the inside curves, I always get stuck and have no idea what to do. I have all kind of books for drawing feathers but none of them talk about inside curves or how you know when to change feather direction for instants feathered wreths etc. I am so glad I found this board. If anyone lives near Clyde, NC I could sure use some one on one time with anyone who has been quilting on a longarm. I would be happy to pay for the gas.I would drive to you but we only have one car right now and my husband drives it to work. We own a busy diner in Maggie Valley, NC and he leaves at 4:30 to make fresh bicuits everyday.

Karen
Attached Thumbnails feather.jpg   feather-2.jpg   feather-curl.jpg   flower-swirls.jpg   flowers.jpg  

millering.jpg   swirls-flowers.jpg  

Last edited by love2qlt; 04-30-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: forgot to say something