Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
OFF TOPIC: My grandson Jackson Isaac Matthew Martin (long story for the 3 names) made his arrival 2 weeks early on April 28th.... 5lbs 12 oz, 19 inches long. He is in the NICU and will be for atleast the next 5 days...
hopefully 2 weeks is not so early that there should be any lasting health problems and at almost 6 lbs is a healthy weight. the doc could have been off on their estimate just a little bit. well it looks like he has his lung power.

my friend's baby was born at 27 weeks (day after christmas) because the mom's health was at risk. her daughter was in the nicu for 3 months just to finish developing. she was born at 2+ lbs and had just made it to 5 lbs when she was released this month. babies have such a resiliency. it's amazing how hard her daughter fought to stay here with her mom to become her "significant other". i am working to complete the quilt now so i can drive up to see them both.

i will keep young jackson in my prayers.

p.s. i'm trying so hard to get my home kid friendly as i need to get go my niece & 2 nephews from school in 1 hr. to keep until tomorrow. i have fabric, sewing machines and swap prep bags all over. since it has rained all weekend i cannot even take them to the park to burn some energy before i bring them home. i need to buy an extra large tube of super glue to help keep my sanity to survive the night with 4 yr old twins and their 10 yr old instigating brother.

Last edited by Havplenty; 04-30-2012 at 12:10 PM.