View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Kitsie

No, absolutely NOT. I love Creative Grid! And you don't have to avoid patterns because the publisher says you need a special ruler! For instance the Dear Jane triangle ruler?? Cut one out of template plastic! Hexagons? Make one!

The only ruler I wish for is the Creative Grid 6 x 12" that has 1/8" markings!!! I love the 24" and it has all the markings, so I'm going to buy another one and have it cut in half just for doing the small stuff.

Originally Posted by kjohnson0523
I consider myself fairly new to quilting (2 1/2 years). I love looking at patterns and deciding what to make (usually I start to make it don't finish it but that's another story). I have purchased several rulers lately to do certain patterns with but I have noticed that a lot of patterns now have a specific ruler that is needed. Do I really need these rulers or is it possible to use what I have? I have several rulers with different angles, in different sizes.

But my main question is, are all of these rulers really necessary? Also, what is really good ruler that I can get the most use of?

Kim