Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Judith1005

I don't think generally people give you things to be mean or unkindl. Maybe it is the very best they are able to do. I 'd resized, fix if necessary or add too or clean. I join swaps with no expectation. And for the fun of it. And, I've never been disappointed. I joined 3 block swaps here on the board this year and, I will use every block proudly. I love them all.

But, my living arraingements have changed a few months ago. And I dearly love the family I live with. With one exception. They smoke and I don't.(Personally, I HATE it.) So, now, going forward, I will only join swaps that I can wash, dry package and mail to make sure there is no smell. This is the best I can do so that I can still participate but not subject anyone to the smell of smoke.

Life is not perfect and sometimes compromises must be made.

I'm sorry you felt that someone did something just to be mean or unkind. (I personally have never felt that on the board.)

I personally will be watching this thread for constructive criticism or suggestions on how to handle this awkward situation kindly.

Last edited by Judith1005; 04-30-2012 at 01:38 PM.