View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Ducky

Wow, I wasn't expecting this many people to respond, otherwise I would answer everyone's comments individually. Thanks for all the input. Now I know my emotions were not out of line.

As to why my son didn't say "no" to getting rid of it -- he didn't know it was in the give away pile until I pointed it out. He has always told DIL he likes the quilt, but obviously, she doesn't. He felt really bad and didn't want to start an argument in front of me, which I can appreciate. I told him he just needs to choose his battles. He came to the house later (we live on the same block) to thank me for taking it, and I assured him I would be keeping it.

I do believe I was meant to find this quilt -- can't explain it, but that's how I feel. It was still just a tad damp when I went to bed, so I layed it over the other blankets on us and fell in love with it all over again. It looks beautiful on my bed, and I had such a comforting and satisfied feeling lying under it. This quilt will be used by me -- long and short of it. It will be given to GD at a later time. I know she'll have to appreciate it because I totally plan on teaching her to quilt.

Oh, and I thought the same thing about placing the quilt in a place where it could be seen by all. I do believe I will fold it and have it on top of the long couch when I have company. This way I'm not combative, but I'm still making a statement.

Final thing? I truly love my DIL. I don't understand her, but I really love her.