View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
AshleyR

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd View Post

I see so many lovely wedding gowns in yard sales for almost giveaway, always makes me touch it and wonder about what the original owner was doing now. What kind of life she had with that groom, was she still married to him? Why was it in a yard sale, to be sold for almost nothing.

Chrys, it looks beautiful!! Great job on the wallhanging and I think it is a beautiful way to preserve your dress!

As far as the yard sale dresses... Here's my wedding story...
I bought a dress at Goodwill that was 6 sizes too big for me just because I liked the way it was made. Tons of fabric and a very long train. However, we decided we wanted to have an outdoor wedding, and it just wasn't feasible to have it taken up and the train shortened, so I bought another gown, which ended up being perfect for me. The gown I used was probably worn before, but the first one still had the tags on it. I sold it (the train was kind of dirty) with the tags for cheap just to get my money back on it. The lady I sold it to was so happy she found a plus sized gown the NIGHT before her wedding! After our wedding, I had no need for my wedding gown, so I sold it too. It was a very nice wedding gown and I wanted someone else to feel as beautiful as I did when I married my soul mate. The fact that it's not hanging in the closet doesn't mean my husband and I don't love each other, it just means we got an extra $50 to spend on something else!