View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
Wow, he's going to be big! They are all cuties. I know what you mean about being ready. I put my Ellie, a boxer mix, down Thanksgiving day 2010. At the beginning of February 2011 I started thinking about getting another dog but wasn't sure. Then I had a dream about Ellie and knew I was ready. We got another boxer February 25,2011 and named her Molly. She's sweet, but very high energy!! lol

Dogs are precious.
I, too, know what you mean about being ready. In fact, I was just thinking about this earlier tonight. We had to have Yankee put down right around Halloween last year (we could no longer even begin to control his seizures & the meds had started to break his organs down). I thought I would die myself. But I knew I'd want another dog because I've always had a dog. We agreed that we would get an older dog this spring. Then, fate happened & we were blessed with Leo the 1st of December... Leo the 10 month old puppy. So, not only did we not wait till spring, we ended up with a RAMBUNCTIOUS puppy. But he has filled our house with laughter again & I think we were just destined to get him. I think Yankee said "Mom's sad & lonely. I'm gonna send her a new son to love"... LOL!

I know your new baby is going to bring much joy to your life!