Thread: Hobby Lobby
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:24 AM
moonrise

The Chattanooga, TN (Hamilton Place Mall) HL store is HUGE. We have a Joann's here too, and I'd say that HL has about the same amount of fabric as Joann's. Most of it is higher quality. Joann's does have sewing machines, though, and HL has few if any. HL has a colossal selection of other craft items as well, from jewelry-making to scrapbooking to painting to ... well, you get the idea. Their home decor items are very pretty, but from what I've seen, if you like a particular home decor item, you better buy it then because it's likely to be sold by the time you come back to get it.

Do print out the online coupon when they have them, and if your DH or a friend is going with you, give them a coupon as well. You'll have to pay separately, but both of you can get the 40% discount.

Do also watch when the cashier is ringing your merchandise up. Unless they've changed it VERY recently, their cash registers aren't computerized, and the cashier has to remember what's on sale. Sometimes they accidentally forget to take off the discount, but quickly fix it once it's brought to their attention.

They have some really cool furniture and gorgeous Christmas ornaments. (Definitely wait for a sale or a coupon on that type of stuff. Their regular prices can be ... pricey!)

BTW, Chattanooga has 3 stores within 30 minutes or so. The Hamilton Place Mall store, a store a few miles south in Dalton, GA, and another store a few miles north in Hixson, TN. Last time I was in the Dalton store, I wasn't impressed, but the other two are nice. Sometimes DH and I print out 4 coupons, and we hit both the Hamilton Place and the Hixson stores on a single trip, each of us using a coupon both times.