View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 07:25 PM
julie

I'm going to whine a little, just because I know I can talk to all of you. I have 2 grandsons, perfect in every way, of course. Since starting to quilt, I decided to make quilts for them. Patrick is 3, almost 4, and Ben is almost 2. I'm making Pat's first, since he is now is a twin size bed. He likes construction trucks, and can name all the vehicles. I found some fabric related to construction, so I bought what they had, and have gotten some coordinating fabric along the way, but I don't think I have enough to make the quilt a true twin size. So here's the whining. Most of the fabric out there for little boys is related to sports or dogs. The boys aren't really into sports yet, and they have cats, not dogs. Also, many of the fabrics are more feminine in pattern and color, so I've had a difficult time. I have looked at different stores, and websites, but I haven't been very successful. The fabrics that are the main pieces in Pat's quilt are from Timeless Treasures and Michael Miller fabrics from a couple years ago. but in checking their websites, they don't seem to be making anything along those lines anymore. I just wish there were more designers who would keep little boys in mind, and realize that not all boys are sports minded. Anyway, I''m done whining. I know I'll figure something out, I may have to incorporate his other love, trains.
Julie