View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Nanamoms

I have the Brother SE270D which is a combo machine and has the 4x4 embroidery field. I also have the PE700II which is embroidery only with a 5x7 embroidery field. Not sure what size the PE500 does. The size of the embroidery field is the most important option to consider. Learning the machines is easy and very self explanatory. Also, there are some great embroidery sites that have free tutorials on all the stuff you need to successfully embroider a design. I didn't take any classes...just self-taught. If you know how to operate any computerized sewing machine, you should be able to teach yourself.

So I guess your main decision is what size embroidery field you want. One other thing to consider is how you transfer designs from computer to machine. There is the memory card, USB or Flash Drive. You will get tired quickly of the designs built into the machine.

I love my Brother machines and have had very little problems with them. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM and I'll try to answer them.

Last edited by Nanamoms; 05-01-2012 at 09:16 AM.