Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Yikes, Nancy! I'm happy to say all we get is Garter snakes here in the Sac. area. But, I almost put my hand in a glove that had a black widow nested in it. Eeeeeek.

Just an FYI, that 301 longbed, ebay auction closed so you may be getting an e-mail "So, sorry we were out of town..." hahaha.
Yikes is right! I don't like rattlesnakes nor blackwidows! The dog that got bit is a Jack Russell that always has her nose stuck in a hole. We always get her vaccinated for rattlesnake as I expected this to happen sooner or later. She was at the emergency vets all night on high doses of pain meds, antibiotics, fluids, and lots of testing to make sure her blood was clotting correctly. Luckily, she just had her rattlesnake booster shot 6 days ago so her symtoms are nowhere near as bad as they would have been without the vaccination. She is home on pain meds, has an extremely swollen face, very lethargic, but doing fine. She will be back out hunting in no time, but I hope she learned to leave rattlesnakes alone! She was the 15th dog at the emergency vet clinic already this year who had been bitten! They usually don't get rattlesnake bit dogs until June or later. It is going to be a bad year for snakes!

Hummmm, I am curious to see if the people who posted the 301 do finally answer my e-mails?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-01-2012 at 12:03 PM.