Old 05-01-2012, 01:24 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
jljack, vintagemotif,
Thanks for the explanation and link on the NVF. Makes sense to me know.

.................................................. ...............................................

Someone somewhere who was using the tubular plastic belts told me they made barbed connectors to put in the tubes to hold them together.
I have no idea where I read that and I've had two computer failures this year and have lost much of my files.
I think it was the same gal who told me she got her belts from a lady in Kansas ... or was it Arkansas?

.................................................. ...........................
The metal belt looks like a long spring. How does it connect? Doesn't the metal increase the wear on the hand wheel and drive wheel? Where do you get them?

Joe
Joe, I forgot where I purchased the metals belts. And I didn't bookmark the page with instructions on attaching them. I found out about the metal belts from a youtube video; the person gave a very nice demonstration.

You do have to order the connectors when ordering the belt. I think there might be directions with the connectors. I just did it the way that looked the easiest for me. I cut the little loop off the ends of the connectors and then screwed the connector into the ends of the belts. It stays in place for a long time, but one time it came loose. That was a surprise for me as I was treadling along. I heard this loud bling.

I think Cathy might know since she has purchased some too. She might even sell them.

I was curious how well the metal belt works and treadles. Now that I know, I wouldn't purchase one.

My first choice is the aquarium tubing, the second choice is the leather, and last choice is the metal.

I think the aquarium tubing is the Silicone. Maybe I'm incorrect, and it is the polyurethane. Help! Cathy, what is the aquarium tubing material?