Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Admin
It looks like the PDA section isn't working out as intended.
And now, plenty of members post in PDA the kind of content that could (and should) be posted in Main, Pictures or GCC.

I would like to hear your thoughts on how to handle the posts that don't fit the GCC guidelines. We'll have such posts no matter what set of guidelines we use. So we might as well discuss how to deal with them.
I started using the PDA section recently and only bemoan the fact that I don't have enough time to communicate with everyone. (This is such a nice group!)

Do you have an example of what you think should be in the GCC rather than in the PDA? I think letting the member know that the topic would also be appreciated in the CCC might be a good start. Once we "understand" what is expected, I think no adjustment is needed.

Do you expect that the existing membership will violate the new rules, or do you think it is mostly new members who don't read the rules AND are not aware of the kerfluffel we had a while ago?

If you find a member violating a rule, why don't you remind that member to please read the rules and point them to the one that was offended? If I did something wrong, I would not be opposed to getting a pm letting me know. This way, the issue is handled in private (no loss of face) and the member has an opportunity to fix their message. Should the same member offend again, then the position of the administrator needs to step in and do some serious chest beating.

That's my 2 cents worth and I'm sticking to it.