Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 AM
BoJangles

On a fun note, I got my 31-15, and 31-20, both working last night. Geeze, are those powerful machines! They almost scare me! The 31-15 has to be hand cranked, as it does not have a treadle. Cathy can I put a hand crank on the 31-15? The wheel is huge! The 31-20 was hooked up to electric, but to get it to sew you have to push down the treadle pedal. That is what puts pressure on the belt to get it going. Kind of cool, but I really would like to convert it back to a treadle. The treadle is all there except for the wheel! Cathy, I had asked you for a treadle pedal, but it is the wheel that is missing not the pedal. Anyway, I have not tried to thread and actually sew with the machines, just got them cleaned up to see if they'd run. My DH had to solder the 31-15's rod back together that lifts the foot when it is hooked up to a knee controller. I, also, had to reconstruct the tension disk on the 31-15 - it had been taken off and taken apart! I was really amazed at the power of those old machines, though. I hope today I can try them with thread!

Oh and Candace, I have heard nothing on the long bed 301. I guess he didn't like my offer of $100? Oh well, like my husband says to our 3 year old grandson - too bad, so sad!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-02-2012 at 05:19 AM.