Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 AM
kittyannart

I did try the Juki 400, two in fact. Unfortunately both had issues within the few days of owning them. I was a bit incredulous as I had heard great things about them. I guess I got unlucky and received two lemons! Needless to say I'm a bit shy about trying them again. I do not have a Juki dealer near to me so had to order from the internet. Too expensive to ship back for repairs if needed so decided to stay with a local source. I have a Viking Designer SE and have never had a moment's problem with it nor the Pfaff's I've had. I've never had a Janome, the 6600P is almost all metal, I liked that, reminds me of the sturdy older machines I learned to sew on many years ago.

Originally Posted by Judi in Ohio View Post
Try the Juki's. No doubt the strongest motor in the business. The piercing power is awesome. In case you need to repair something they will do it, while your Vikings, Janome's, Pfaff's, are doing the motor shut down thing. And the fmq is wonderful, all under $1,000.
I have two Juki's - the 98 & the F-600 - I've owned every brand and Juki is by far the strongest and best - that's mho.

Last edited by kittyannart; 05-02-2012 at 05:35 AM.