Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
Nancy how is your dog today? Kathie
She is doing amazing. I recommend everyone who lives in rattlesnake country or goes hiking state parks, etc., get their dogs vaccinated with the rattlesnake shot. We had a Queensland who was bitten 10 years ago - when we first moved here. He was in intensive care for a week, had to have two anti-venom injections, which ran back then $800 a pop. He was sloughing off the skin where he was bit. He was never right after that rattlesnake thing. He ended up with immune problems. This Jack Russell is acting normal today. She ate, she is going outside to pee, her swelling is about gone. The dogs that get bit, who have had the shot - just bounce back so much quicker and easier. They still have to go to the vet, still have swelling and a lot of pain - but, nothing like the ones who aren't vaccinated! It just amazes me because of what we went through 10 years ago - like night and day! By the way, the rattlers are out in force. They have already had 15 dogs and 2 cats this year at the one emergency clinic I went to! Rattlesnakes are going to be a big problem this year! Probably because we didn't get a winter until March! So be careful all you hikers and walkers!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.