Thread: I'm ditherin' -
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 AM
new2q

After a long break, I too tried to get back into it. So I straightened the sewing room (now I can't find a thing), Changed the needle in the sewing machine, put a new blade in the cutter, bought a new cutting mat (tried a different color mat, like that was going to make me cut straighter), fabrics ironed and ready to go.....WHAM I had put the cutter back together wrong, finally figured how it should go back together after a really long time I might add. Cut a few pieces on my new mat that is blinding to me instead of helpful, all set to sew and the needle was in wrong, not threaded right...so I broke a needle in the birds nest underneath my fabric...WHEWWW...I was over it!!! Instead I just put on my big girl pants and went after it again and it is all good now. The whole point of this is I am the Queen of Mistakes, I just try not to let that stop me. It is very hard, frustrating but I think if you stay with it you remember your mistakes and avoid them. When you take a long break....it is mistake time again.