Thread: Art Quilters?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:04 AM
suziehammond

SewExtremeSeams; You must watch the same kind of documentaries that I do. I can't wait to see what you get up to with your possible undersea project. There are so many interesting shapes,colors and textures just waiting for your expression. Bet it will be gorgeous and fun. Delighted to have stirred that impulse to expand your process and get moving on it.

Since you have so generously 'exposed' you possible intentions....laying yourself open to us asking that Question, 'What happened to that undersea Quilt?" I will likewise tell you what I am thinking of tackling so I am open to being prodded as well.

I had to have an MRI done of my skull lately and when I got the CD I went through them all and wondered if that wouldn't make a good B&W art Q that depends on texture w/ soft shades of color here and there. Now, that I am out in the open I will get to the perils and delights of making choices and seeing if I can make anything come to life that I am happy with.

For you lurkers: I think often there are great ideas that you don't know how to bring to life. But that is part of the fun of discovering both what doesn't work at all like you thought it would and the other projects that come together with only an idea but without a plan, just experimentation. The latter often seems to bring out Q's that amaze me and it can be embarrassing to have people ask how you ever thought of it. "Um, I didn't think, it just happened," doesn't satisfy many people as an answer. So I hope to see lots of you like Linda coming up with goodies for us all to learn from.