Thread: Frustrations
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I would do the quilts all myself to keep DH out of my quilting room. I don't want him to be my shadow every day all day. I don't mind if DH promises me to give something without asking first. He knows I won't blink an eye at buying the item ready made and say here it is all done. Bakeries, delis, and restaurants make very good pies, cakes, salads, potato salad, and entrees as much as you need. I can order a quilt ready made from Etsy if I don't want to make it for a deadline. One I bought and donated for an auction (I did not claim I made it) cost less then the fabric and time I would have put in it.
I agree. I had to make a baby quilt the next day and I don't quilt quilt. I piece. So I went to my LQS because I knew the LAQ sells some quilts there that she makes and quilts in her spare time and I bought a baby quilt for $30 and gave it to my niece the next day and everyone loved it and I never said one word that I made it. There was no way I could have made that and paid to have it quilted for $30. She sells lap quilts for $60. That's how much I pay her to quilt lap quilts! I think if I need something in a hurry, I might just use her again. She told me many quilters have bought her quilts!