Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM
chris_quilts

I had a "what were they smoking?" experience today. I was in a shop a friend told me about because they had seen sewing machines in there. So I'm looking and I finally find the treadle my friend had seen. Nice cabinet, plain but in good shape so I look at the machine. It's aVelox B with decals gone and lettering on arm barely visible. Tag says it's complete and I don't know but there was nothing in the drawers and the seller wants $275 for it. I smile and move on. So I find another machine which is dinged up, the power cord has spilt at the plug (2 separate halves for the plug) and there's no foot pedal/controller. This seller wants $50 for the machine and for a "Rare, vintage" Singer buttonholer in a green case, the seller wants $60. I did find a couple of manuals that I bought there but they were reasonably priced. As I'm checking out, I let the gal at the shop know that both of the machines are seriously overpriced and as a collector of vintage sewing machines I just wouldn't pay the asking prices. I told her that I thought $125 for the Velox B was most likely more reasonable if the seller wanted to truly sell it.