Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM
mhollifiel

I can't stop making the Potato Chip Quilt using my homemade jelly roll fabrics framing a square in the center. I like an 8 1/2" square framed by a 2 1/2" strip giving a 10" finished square. Goes fast an is so addictive. I am currently looking for examples of a version where you whack the 10" (or whatever size you make) into equal fourths and reassemble with interesting results. I posted about that a couple of days ago.
I went through my stash and purged this January using up anything that was cut into, too small to show up in my stash stacking, leftover from garment construction, or just not to my taste anymore. Then I set about chopping the purged stuff up into strips of various sizes a la Bonnie Hunter. I have thus far put together 63 tops for Project Linus and have still got a ways to go to use up what I chopped up. The tops went together fast because I had a "leaders and enders" Bonnie Hunter thing going with some of these fabrics as well. I have little piles everywhere even though much has been used up. I have never had so much fun piecing tops or been so productive with stuff I was trying to move out. I can't wait to get through this and start on the stuff I Like! LOL!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 05:28 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS