View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Lil-Panther-Creations

Default New guy here in Mississippi

Happily married (old guy) to a wonderful woman in Mississippi.

A couple years ago I took on a new job which required knowing how to sew, or be willing to learn. The job consisted mainly of sewing automotive upholstery. I knew very little back then, but within a week I was able to sew on a machine fairly straight lines. After a short period I left over a pay dispute. Haven't touched a sewing machine since....(But I learned I CAN sew at least some with a little practice!)
However there is a history in my family of sewing and my mom has been heavily into sewing ever since I can remember.
So I like to try new things just to see if I can do it, and here I am. Sorting through piles of old jeans that have been worn out, holes in knees and such. Been wanting to try to make a rag quilt out of them for a long time but never moved beyond wanting to, to actually doing it.

I believe I am now going to do it.
I have been looking at the rag cutting dies from a couple of companies, but have found it hard to turn loose of money for the actual machine.
Yesterday I made up a "machine" from old treadmill parts and will be ordering a die next week. I'm 90% certain this will work, and if it does, I saved $200.

Until next post....