View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Little RoO

Hi....nice to chat with someone here in the Uk.
I have the Janome 6600 and the 11000SE. Both were bought from a dealer second hand and are in beautiful condition.
The combined cost of both has cost me just over £2000 which is less than half the cost of the 12000
The 12000 is a really beautiful machine but there are a few of things that I am not over keen on
1. You have to scroll through screens to find the stitch you want (the 6600 has a flip display and I can see all the stitches instantly.
2. No accufeed as standard...wonderful addition to quilting
3. The embroidery attachment is seperate so you can only do sewing or embroidery.
4. It is also huge and heavy to take anywhere, even from one room to another.

Embroidery is a great hobby but there are a couple of things to think about....you need threads, stabaliser and most importantly software...Softwrae can be very expensive. Janome has a basic softwrae that is about £250 and then there more detailed is about £900 I think....If I was buying the 12000 I would hope the dealer would do a deal.

Have you thought of getting the Horizon 7700 and a seperate embroidery machine....I think that would be my dream combination.

These are just my thoughts....whatever you get it will be amazing and what a lovely husband you have....Happy Anniversary

Last edited by Little RoO; 05-03-2012 at 11:26 AM.