View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
cutebuns
Power Poster

I am lucky that I am fast because I am also impatient most of the time as well. I don't knit because it takes too long. I also don't pin when I am sewing or quilting for the most part. Yet again with the amount that I have sewn helps. I am pretty acurate so my points etc go together pretty easily. Pressing the right direction helps a lot as well.

I am sorry your dad won't admit the PTSD. I will admit that living with the desease is not easy. There are good days and bad days and days you barely get threw. It is hard on everyone. Luckily very close by there is a very good friend of his that is in the military that I can call if I need help with him. He is fairly stable right now but I can see bumpy roads ahead when his release comes threw. The military is the only thing he knows. He started in cadets when he was a kid and then there was reserves and them the regulat force. You may definatly keep us in your prayers. I keep all those that have served, are serving and will serve in mine. Both my grandfathers served during war time. 1 in WW1, 1 in WW2. Before that I am not sure. Neither one would talk much on the subject.

It is true that if you just quilt, you are a quilter. Luckily for those that sew the transition isn't as hard. When I was supposed to be doing the quilts I was making the candy cane holders (over 200) and a few other projects. I wanted the quilts done by Dec 1. I don't think I even started them until Dec 6 or 7. All 4 were done when hubby took a trip to BC on the 18th. Plus I did Katrina's dress in there. It only took a day to do the dress thankfully. I am trying to take things back a bit though. I have started doing a little hand work in the house. That way I can work and still be in the house with the family. It is going well to tell the truth. Never thaught it would as it takes longer. I want to learn to quilt by hand as well.You are very lucky to get to go on weekends and such. I am curoius about them. I just thiink how much fabric I could by with the money spend on them.