Old 09-11-2009, 06:54 PM
roselady

I would also suggest looking for a used, old, great machine rather than an ok new one. I have a Bernina 910, about 23 years old and I still LOVE it. I would NEVER get rid of it. Never in all those 23 years have I had to have it in for repair. There has never been a day when I wanted to sit and sew, that I couldn't because my machine wouldn't. That being said, it was made before all the new bells and whistles that are out there now, so, no it won't embroider, or do other fancy things - I don't even know what the new machines can do now, I haven't looked because I still love, love, love my machine. I know that if I wanted a new one, I would want a Bernina and I couldn't afford a new one, most likely. The only bad thing about it is it is heavy, all metal, no plastic, so to take it to a class is tough but doable. I would like an old Singer featherweight just for classes. One more thing, if you have ever sewn on a machine that feels like it is going to end up on the other side of the room, you would really appreciate a Bernina, smooth as silk.