Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Pam H

I just had the most frustrating afternoon and evening. My friend brought me the fabric I needed to finish my binding. She even bought the rest of what was on the bolt (1.5 yd) incase I had any problems. What a smart lady she is! The fabric is striped and I am cutting it on the bias so the stripes will go at an angle. The first strip the stripes went one way and the second one went the opposite. CRAP! I called her and she brought the the rest of the fabric on her way by. Good thing I live on her way into town. I finally got it cut out and the 2 strips sewn together. Sewing the binding to the quilt went smoothly......until I got to that final seam where you sew the end of the strip to the beginning. I just did one 2 weeks ago and it went fine. I sewed this seam 5 times and ripped it out 5 times. I decided to get a book out with instructions. I sewed it wrong again. Finally the 7th time I got the seam sewn correctly. Jeesh! It should not be this difficult. Anyone need 200" of pink striped binding?