Thread: CraigsList
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 05:38 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
I haven't ranted on the board in a while, so here goes:

I think we know Craigslist is hit or miss, but I've noticed lately, I'll email someone and NEVER hear back from them. This is happening more often than not. When I sell something on CL, I'm close to obsessive about checking my email and phone, and I don't understand why someone else wouldn't be at least diligent about checking!
I emailed someone FIFTEEN minutes after their ad posted for something they have. The ad is vague about the item and I think it might be overpriced, so I sent an email that nicely asked what the model number is and how old it is. I haven't heard back. I know this hasn't been sold already. I understand that not everyone has 24-hour access to internet, etc, etc, but why go to the trouble of running an ad if you don't want to sell something?! I want to post a picture of me holding cash so they take me serious!

Do you have a CL rant too?

I emailed about a sewing machine in a cabinet and never heard a word back. A week later, the same ad appeared again. Left it alone------------not going to deal with people who aren't trustworthy.