Old 05-04-2012, 06:54 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by chuckbere15 View Post
First, I heard the quilting police are on holiday. Second, I love your piping and that is on my list to concur. I'll have to YouTube for some help. And lastly, sinse this is a baby quilt, I would give mom to be washing instruction. For instance, wash on cold and dry on low. If mom is worried about germs, a cup of plain vinegar in the rinse cycle will sanitize and remove the soap. Vinegar has the same sanitizing effects as bleach and easier to use. When my little sister was a baby, we had to wash her clothes separate and do a second rinse with the vinegar, doctor recommended, to remove any soap residue and to sanitize. Also, my vet recommended using vinegar on the floors as other floor cleaning aids, swiffer, pine sol, etc., can get on the dogs feet and they lick their feet and can be exsorbed through their paws.
Very cute and colorful quilt! But I wanted to thank chuckbere15 for his reply. I never thought about the absorption through my dogs' paws of what I have put on my floors but I sure will from now on. I would think this would be the same for babies crawling around. They put their hands (paws!) in their mouths all the time. Who would have thought that reading a post on the Quilt Police would be a health alert too. Thanks to both of you.