Old 05-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Maggiemay

Hi fellow losers! Hope everyone is doing something for themselves for the taboo! I am going to take the time to give myself a pedi today. I consider my sewing & quilting doing something for myself too because I am so happy up there in my "lair" as I call it. I sew upstairs in a loft & have most of a bedroom that holds my fabric, ironing board, etc. The loft is open to the downstairs & I can always hear what is going on down there so I don't feel isolated!

I have been working on a wallhanging for my daughter's bright orange bathroom. A bright, scrappy dresden. On the Patriotic challange thread Muv described how she makes bias stems & I made one! And it even curves! I am quite pleased with myself! I made a really cute snap purse for my MIL yesterday. When we were in FL one of her friends had one & she liked it so I thought that is something I could do for her for Mother's day. I need to charge my camera battery so I can show off all of my little things to you!

On the weight loss front, I am at my lowest of the year! I have lost about 10 lb since the end of November. Not huge numbers (about 2 lb a month), I know, but I am going in the right direction. Tracking my calories on MyFitnessPal sure helps. I do need to exercise more though.

I have been thinking about you, Everose and your caring for your mother. A friend of mine is involved in caring for her FIL & she gets so down about the lack of please & thank yous & demands instead of requests. She does not do it round the clock like you do & I applaud your efforts. It is really a selfless thing to do.